RUMOR HAS IT...
You want to be an author, either on the side - or writing full time!
What is stopping you?
• Not knowing where to start?
• Not knowing how to finish?
• Writer's block?
• Success Block?
STEAL MY HOT
BEST SELLER TOOLS
I want to help you to defeat whatever is defeating you!
I will be your virtual writing and publishing coach - and take you step by step through the process of writing a hot best seller - while holding your hand along the way!
Note: I won't be holding your writing hand! You will need that - because I will be giving you lots of insider-secrets to write your way to a hot best seller!
It's time for you to stop fearing the process of writing your book - and start fully enjoying the journey!
I'm a multi-best-selling author - with over 1 million books sold - and a columnist for OPRAH, PSYCHOLOGY TODAY, CNN - and then some. I have about 1.4 million highly engaged fans on my author page at Facebook.com/notsalmon - reaching between 10 million and 40 million people around the world per week. Plus I'm the founder of the popular (high-Alexa rated) inspirational site NotSalmon.com. I've written, packaged and published 30 different books - which are sold in over 10 countries around the world! I have published books in a range of categories: fiction, humor, kids, business, self-help, gift books, etc. I've been on The Today Show, The View, CNN, CNBC, Fox & Friends, Bill Maher's show and hundreds of morning TV shows across the country. Plus, I hosted my own drivetime Sirius radio show called "Be Happy Dammit" - where I interviewed celebrities and experts on how to live happier.
Quick namedropping of publishing houses I've sold books to:
Random House, Chronicle, Workman, Rizzoli, Simon & Schuster, Harmony, Sourcebooks, Tenspeed, and more!
I've also helped many passionate and stuck authors to unblock writer's and publisher's block - and go on to write hot best sellers - which have landed them on Oprah!
At this point in my career, I know in advance what to do - and NOT to do - when it comes to writing and publishing - so you can shorten the period of time (and pain!) it takes to write and publish a book!
SOME OF MY HOT
REMINDER: Every hot best selling author started as a beginner!
Although I'm now a multi-best selling author, in a variety of book categories, I fully understand how overwhelming it can be to try to write and publish a book.
I wasn't always an author.
I started my career in advertising - where I was a writer / creative director for over a decade.
Eventually I gathered up the gumption to quit - and pursue my passion for being an author.
I'd love to empower you to write your way to a hot best seller!
BOOKS TAKE YOU
PLACES YOU CAN'T
A book is far more than a book.
It's a total life-changer.
There’s a famous Magritte painting: This is not a pipe.
Well, if Magritte were alive today, he could easily have made a painting which says: A book is not just a book.
In other words - a book is far more than book. It’s a total life-changer – not only for you when you publish a book – but for the people who read your book! Your book can make a major impact on someone’s life – become a lasting legacy for generations to come!
Plus, of course there’s also the money and business opportunities a book brings! A book can help you to be seen as a leader in your field - and expand your platform so you find all kinds of new business opportunities. A book can be a powerful “calling card” to help you get meetings - far more persuasively than a business card! A book can take you places you could never take yourself!
• TV appearances
• Seminar requests
• TED talks
• Spokesperson deals
• Movie deals
• Licensing deals
• Sequel books (and spin-off products!)
• Digital courses
• Meeting celebrities
I’ve experienced all of the above thanks to writing best selling books!
The good news: Agents and publishers are rooting for you to write an amazing book – and hoping that if you do, they will be lucky enough to find you!
I’d love to empower you to be agent-bait and publisher-bait!
If you’re truly passionate about writing your book – then sign up now to grab my insights and tools in this easy and fun digital program! If you put in the effort of action – who knows, by this time next year you could be holding your published book in your hands!
I feel grateful every day that I get to write from my heart - while making a positive impact in the world. I’d love to help you to do the same!
A QUICK WARM UP TO BECOMING A HOT BEST SELLER
MODULE 1: A QUICK WARM UP TO BECOMING A HOT BEST SELLER
- The Big Jackhammer Drill-Down (clarity on long-term mission, target audience, (b)lame excuses, etc.)
- How to locate your "rant" (the core of your book)
- The big difference between a hot best seller vs. lesser level scenarios
- Why you must know and love your competition!
- How to set up an inspiring writer bat cave
- Tricks for creating a productive writing schedule
- Why you should create your author business card NOW - and how!
TRADITIONAL VS. SELF-PUBLISHING OPTIONS
MODULE 3: TRADITIONAL VS. SELF-PUBLISHING OPTIONS
- A clear explanation of the pros and cons of publishing houses vs. self-publishing
- How I found my agent - and how you can find an agent too
- The pros vs. cons of sending your writing to more than 1 agent at the same time
- How to write a hot proposal letter to agents
- Suggestions for self-publishing
HOT AUTHENTIC VOICE
MODULE 5: HOT AUTHENTIC VOICE
- How to get on ongoing talking terms with your muse
- How to develop an "authentically you" writer's voice
- Microcosmic writing tools - a close up look at your sentences and paragraphs
- How &why to create a "reader's trance"
- My Chaos Tool - the importance of writing messy on purpose
- Golden Nugget Hunting - How to find golden nuggets in your chaos, blog, journal, emails, text, business meetings, etc.
- How to spot "white noise words" and swap them for "loud noise words"
- Editing tools - the art of discernment
- The importance of using "Glue Sentences"
- How to deal with run-ins with run-on sentences
SECRETS TO A HOT PR PLATFORM
MODULE 7: SECRETS TO A HOT PR PLATFORM
- Why it's not just what you got - it's how you publicize it
- How to stand out - so you lure in readers and reviewers!
- How to find your unique mission-driven platform
- How to create a hot social media campaign
- Tools to overcome feeling like a technology-goofball around social media
- How to create a hot traditional media campaign (magazines, TV, and radio)
- How to create hot offline promotions (bookstore appearances and seminars)
- Traffic-building your website = audience-building your book
HOT PROPOSAL VS. HOT FULL MANUSCRIPT?
MODULE 2: HOT PROPOSAL VS. HOT FULL MANUSCRIPT?
- Tools to decide if you pursue a full finished manuscript vs. full proposal
- Step-by-step tools for writing a hot book proposal (both long and short)
- A template I used to write a hot short proposal - which led to selling a best selling book
- A template I used to write a hot long proposal - which led to selling a best selling book
- How not to land in the slush pile
- What to do if nobody responds to your queries
- What to do if you don't have a social media following or big website
- How & why to describe potential speaking + seminar opportunities
CREATE A HOT SINGULAR PRONG
MODULE 4: CREATE A HOT SINGULAR PRONG
- Why every book needs a "singular prong"
- How to find your "singular prong"
- How to create a powerful title and subtitle inspired by your singular prong
- How to create a magnetic narrative inspired by your singular prong
- How to create a hot powerful platform - thanks to your singular prong
MY SECRETS TO A HOT STRUCTURE
MODULE 6: MY SECRETS TO A HOT STRUCTURE
- Macrocosmic writing tools - the bigger picture look at the flow of your book
- Why every book needs an Act 1, Act 2, Act 3
- Hot Tricks for openings of chapters
- Hot Tricks for endings of chapters
- Hot Tricks for middle of chapters
- How to create a Magnetic Arc
MODULE 8: TROUBLESHOOTING
- How to make sure your "Money-Making Blueprint" is a Green-Filled Blueprint!
- How to reject the idea of rejection
- Should you find a writing buddy?
- How to turn poison envy into soul nourishment
- When & how to find ghostwriters, copy editors, layout designers, cover designers, etc.
- How to step away from your finished book - let it go - set it free!